Not sure whether to label this “Horse World Problems” or “Cat Owner Problems”…
I’ve said this before and I’ll point it out again -
Menstruation is caused by change in hormonal levels to stop the creation of a uterine lining and encourage the body to flush the lining out. The body does this by lowering estrogen levels and raising testosterone.
Or, to put it more plainly “That time of the month” is when female hormones most closely resemble male hormones. So if (cis) women aren’t suited to office at “That time of the month” then (cis) men are NEVER suited to office.
If you are a dude and don’t dig the ladies around you at their time of the month, just think! That is you all of the time.
And, on a final note, post-menopausal (cis) women are the most hormonally stable of all human demographics. They have fewer hormonal fluctuations of anyone, meaning older women like Hilary Clinton and Elizabeth Warren would theoretically be among the least likely candidates to make an irrational decision due to hormonal fluctuations, and if we were basing our leadership decisions on hormone levels, then only women over fifty should ever be allowed to hold office.
Reblogging hard for that last comment.
I WANTED TO SAY THIS BUT THEN SOMEONE ELSE DID and I’m damn proud.
there was a monarch butterfly outside with a torn wing and i thought it was dead so i went to pick it up off the ground with a flower but it began to hurriedly clutch onto it trying to drink something. it was totally trembling; it had a gash on it’s body and i knew it was dying but i couldn’t bring myself to kill it, so i googled a monarch’s favourite food and it ended up being mandarins. he literally devoured as much as he could before dying and i buried him outside my window.
You’re a good person
Elements of Sex Trafficking
Act: Recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of persons;
Means: Threat or use of force, coercion, abduction, fraud, deception, abuse of power or vulnerability, or giving payments or benefits to a person in control of the victim;
Purpose: Prostitution of others, sexual exploitation, forced labor or services, or slavery.
- From the 2000 UN Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons, Especially Women and Children, ratified by 154 countries. (x)
[Highlighted elements of sex trafficking in the porn industry connect with the examples Lubben gives in this specific gifset, other elements do occur in the porn industry as well].
"The federal Trafficking Victims Protection Act defines the crime of human trafficking as:
A. The recruitment, harboring, transportation, provision, or obtaining of a person for the purpose of a commercial sex act where such an act is induced by force, fraud, or coercion, or in which the person induced to perform such act has not attained 18 years of age, or
B. The recruitment, harboring, transportation, provision, or obtaining of a person for labor or services, through the use of force, fraud, or coercion for the purpose of subjection to involuntary servitude, peonage, debt bondage, or slavery.” - (x)
… [P]ersons are trafficked into the international sex trade, often by force, fraud, or coercion. The sex industry has rapidly expanded over the past several decades. It involves sexual exploitation of persons, predominantly women and girls, involving activities related to prostitution, pornography, sex tourism, and other commercial sexual services. The low status of women in many parts of the world has contributed to a burgeoning of the trafficking industry. -
The Victims of Trafficking and Violence Prevention Act (TVPA). TVPA combats trafficking in persons, especially into the sex trade, slavery, and involuntary servitude. It has been reauthorized three times since its initial passage: (x)
THAT IS RAPE
We need to be talking about this and we need to be making sex work safe. No one should be made to feel like this treatment is okay.
This needs to be seen and people need to speak out about it.
taylor swift cant keep writing about her dumb teenage drama anymore honestly shes getting a little to old for that and m=none of her songs have real depth
"dumb teenage drama"
- "hold on baby you’re losing it…/…you cry but you don’t tell anyone" two lines from Tied Together with a Smile, a song about Taylor’s friend with an eating disorder
- "daddy’s smart and you’re the prettiest lady in the whole wide world" a line from The Best Day, about her mother
- "people are people and sometimes it doesnt work out" a line from Breathe about losing someone important to you and being at fault for it
- "so if the chain is on your door, i understand" a lyric from Taylor’s song Back To December in which she writes about breaking someone;s heart
- "no one knows what to say about a beautiful boy who died" from Taylor’s song Ronan about a real life little boy who died of cancer
- "who you are is not what you did" from Innocent a song written in forgiveness of Kanye West after the incident at the VMAs
- "long live the walls we crashed through/ i had the time of my life with you" from Taylor’s Long Live off her Speak Now album, written about her fans
- "oh darling dont you ever grow up/ it could stay this simple" lyrics from Never Grow Up a song about enjoying where you are in each part of your life
- "you have pointed out my flaws again/as if i dont already see them" a lyric from Mean about a critic who wrote a rude obnoxious and hateful review of her
- "and they tell you that youre lucky/but youre so confused/cause you dont feel pretty/you just feel used" lyrics of The Lucky One
a song written about hollywood and the price of fame
- "dont look at me you got a girl at home" Girl At Home is a song that is in defense of women who are in relationships in which the other person is not faithful
- "i guess youre in new york today/ i dont want to miss you this way" from Come Back…Be Here a song about a long-distance relationship
and as for depth just appreciate all the depth in the following:
- "and you come away with a great little story/of a mess of a dreamer/with the nerve to adore you" -cold as you
- "but in life you’ll do things greater than dating the boy on the football team" -fifteen
- "my mistake i didn’t know to be in love/you had to fight to have the upper hand" -white horse
- "why do you have to make me feel small/so you can feel whole inside" -tell me why
- "and you got your share of secrets/and i’m tired of being last to know" -you’re not sorry
- "he can’t see the smile i’m faking/and my hearts not breaking/cause i’m not feeling anything at all" -the way i loved you
- "it rains when you’re here/and it rains when you’re gone" -forever & always
- "you made a rebel of a careless man’s careful daughter" -mine
- "but if we loved again/i swear i’d love you right" -back to december
- "but i took your matches before fire could catch me/so don’t look now/i’m shining like fireworks over your sad empty town" -dear john
- "i was losing my mind when i saw you here/ but you held your pride like you should of held me" -the story of us
- "please don’t be in love with someone else/please don;t have somebody waiting on you" -enchanted
- "but no amount of vintage dresses gives you dignity" -better than revenge
- "i hope you remember/today is never too late to be brand new" -innocent
- "all that i know is i don’t know/how to be something you’ll miss" -last kiss
- "if you have children someday/when they point to the pictures/please tell them my name" -long live
- "six months gone and i’m still reaching/even though i know you’re not there" -if this was a movie
- "this is the golden age of something good and right and real" -state of grace
- "all we are is skin and bone/trained to get along/forever going with the flow/but you’re friction" -treacherous
- "you almost ran the red/cause you were looking over at me" -all too well
- "i’d like to be my old self again/but i’m still trying to find it" -all too well
- "i hope sometimes you wonder about me" -i almost do
- "you wear your best apology/but i was there to watch you leave" -the last time
- "and i guess we fell apart in the usual way/and the storys got dust on every page/and sometimes i wonder how you think about it now/and how i see your face in every crowd" -holy ground
- "and time is taking its sweet time erasing you/and you’ve got your demons and darling/they all look like me" -sad beautiful tragic
- "your eyes look like coming home" -everything has changed
- "and it was like slow motion/standing there in my party dress/in red lipstick/with no one to impress" -the moment i know
- "this is falling in love in the cruelest way/this is falling for you when you are worlds away" -come back…be here